FANDOM


  • Hey guys!

    As most of you know, there are several dedicated groups of fans both attempting to persuade Cartoon Network of bringing back our beloved game, Cartoon Network Universe: FusionFall; other groups, flectere si nequentes superos, Acheronta moventes,* have gone on to make their own game. Good luck to all of them!

    Some of us, however, see another possible area that could feed our FusionFall craving:  the idea that Cartoon Network could make either a cartoon series or a film based on the game.  This thread is for idle chatting on that theme, leaving other "remaking FusionFall" threads clear to report whatever progress has been made on the game-reviving front.

    I do think the topics lap over a bit.  If CN were to make a successful film or series, I imagine it would be a strong stimulus for them to revive the game in some form.  I also realize that this topic invites speculation of the fan fictional nature. That's cool, too, though I kind of hope the main focus remains on what an actual film or series that CN might really make could be like, and how we might possibly bring it about. After all, as Lady Blanche says in the play, "There's an unbounded field of speculation, on which I could discourse for hours!"

    I'd love to hear ideas from you guys.  Heck, maybe we could even send Cartoon Network a script or some fan art, and build a fire under their corporate butts!  At the very least, we could have some good conversations.


    • ..."raising hell since they can't move the higher-ups."
      Loading editor
    • CN likes fan art a lot. Memow3.PNG

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I can't help thinking that Cartoon Network can't be entirely made up of soulless empty executive suits, nor of people that aren't at least a little flattered when their works inspire other people to create as well.  Let's not forget that Computress herself was a fan idea, though FusionFall used it in rather a different way than the original fan intended.

      Of course, one has to face the fact that most fan ideas are pretty stupid, or at least inappropriate to the source material.  (However, as I tremble on the edge of a long-winded rant there, I will leave that idea alone.) Nevertheless, I still think that if the guys at CN were to see that FusionFall had inspired some good fan ideas, they might be moved to take a look at developing some of those ideas themselves.

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:23, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • I'd love to see some outlines of your story.  I take it that "that kid from the Future" would pretty much be split into "those kids from the Future?"

        Loading editor
    • I can contribute too, I mean, if Fusionfall took place in the mainstream timeline (The shows), the characters would obviously mention it. So Fusionfall must take place on an alternate timeline. If the Nickelodeon merge doesn't agree with you people. I can adjust them to a cartoon network style.

      Another recent update is that Family Guy stars Stewie and Brian Griffin will be in the story, if you guys don't agree, then it's okay, I'll make this a seperate series. Stewie will also be a mercenary and Brian will be taken hostage by the fusions.

      STEWIE JUST SAID THAT!






      What the deushe? --->

        Loading editor
    • Well, I would be interested in seeing anything that people want to put up. although I doubt that Cartoon Network would ever do a crossover with any other network.  It seems to me that that particular sort of speculation would be more at home over on FanonFall than here on the main site.  I was thinking more in terms of something that might actually be made by CN.  (I understand that a FusionFall movie was actually once bruited by the network, but that the production fell through. A pity.)

      FBF, I glanced at your timeline on DeviantArt.  Interesting, though it struck me more as background material than as a guide for a possible film -- rather like Tolkien's Silmarillion to the script to Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings film.

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:23, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:22, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • I have a few ideas for music:

      Linkin Park - Burn it Down (No, the song is not nearly as dark as the title makes it sound.)

      Linkin Park - The Catalyst This song is a bit darker but it is fast and fairly upbeat some parts of it sound like bits from the Fusionfall soundtrack. It has a nice tune, in my opinion.

      Skillet - Hero The artist's name is unapppealing but this song has a nice tune that goes nicely with Fusionfall. It also serves the whole "You're a soldier, you're fighting for the people of Earth" thing of Fusionfall.

      Note that music videos for the Halo franchise are being used for entertainment while watching.

        Loading editor
    • I think I would prefer the music written for FusionFall, with updating, maybe, and maybe some few additional bits written by whoever did the theme for Swat Kats. Or some Wagner; he's always good.

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:22, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • I can't tell, are you being hostile or constructive with my suggestions? And no, I have no affiliations with Bayformers.

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:22, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Thanks for informing me. I'm searching the web for other songs that I think serve Fusionfall right. You did listen to the songs, correct?

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:22, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Fusionbioformer wrote:
      PART I-http://fusion-bioformer.deviantart.com/journal/Fusionverse-Fusionfall-timeline-part-I-436101762

      PART II-http://fusion-bioformer.deviantart.com/journal/Fusionverse-Fusionfall-timeline-part-II-437134891


      tbh, it's "skin and bones" of the full plot. Maybe some meat, but I kept it CN shows-only in here. Not to mention this is more of a comic book/tv show format than an actual movie. Nickelodeon shows come in WAY later, and not everything either.


      I'm posting images of the two OCs in the coming days.

      I just read the timeline orchestrated by Bioformer, as much as I like the storyline, you excluded some of the shows from FusionFall that expose a bit of Fuse's plans as well. Maybe you can insert some of those shows in there and make them more aware of Fuse than they were in the game. For example, in my story, Finn gains the trust of the Resistance (or whatever the team is called) by mortally wounding Samurai Jack and healing his wounds with Cyclops Tears (it's the only way). You get my point, right? Try to get the current shows more involved. Just a suggestion...

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:21, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:21, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • I kind of thought the point of making a FusionFall-based movie was that FusionFall was a fun game with an interesting and suggestive backstory.  I myself don't care for the notion of turning it into a polemic, particularly one that disparages shows that quite a few sincere animation fans like.

      Like it or not, Johnny Test, Finn, and Mordecai (at least as a Nano) are canon.  I happen to loathe Johnny Test, am indifferent to Adventure Time, and enjoy Regular Show.  So what?  The fact is that, like them or not, they are part of the game. Frankly, it is a matter of indifference whether they were conceived of under Stuart Snyder's presidency or not; as far as that goes, the whole game itself was.

      Of course, in one's own re-envisioning of the game, as movie or series or comic or whatever, one is  perfectly free to leave them out.  However, I must respectfully deprecate the notion that any particular fan's "Fusionverse" has any authority or significance beyond himself.  Other fans will prefer a rather less doctrinaire method of approaching the material.

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:21, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Whether one considers a thing thought-provoking exposition or useless product placement is purely a matter of taste, and there is no point in disputing about tastes.  A lot of people like Adventure Time and were presumably glad to see it in FusionFall; some people might possibly like Johnny Test and were glad to see it; there may even have been one or two stray Cats & Dogs fans out there who were tickled by the presence of Agent K9.  If one fan-creator in his own interpretation of the game wishes to include newer characters, and another wishes to exclude them, there is no fixed standard by which one may say that the one is right and the other wrong (except, of course, by the standard of canonicity -- what actually was a part of the game).  It is purely a matter of personal preference, and cannot be binding upon the imagination of any other fan.

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:21, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:21, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Again, what you do with your own fanfiction is your business, and I have no intention of dictating to you what characters you include or don't include.  I am simply concerned to preserve an equal freedom of imagination to every other fan, by pointing out that, despite your manifest enthusiasm and inventiveness (which are obviously considerable), you have no particular authority to force others to conform their ideas to yours -- or, rather, if  you do, you have not yet presented it.  If you are one of the creative team of either the original shows or of the game, if you are a widely recognized animation or video game critic, if you have any credentials that make your opinion of any greater weight than that of any other fan, please let us know, so that we can consider those facts.  Otherwise, your assertions are not facts, but mere expressions of personal taste.  You may have thought the Twentieth Anniversary tributes were wothless; many fans did not.  Again, de gustibus non disputandum.

      This is becoming a mere, "Yes, it is,"/"No, it isn't" squabble.  Please understand, I am not trying to make a personal attack on you; I am merely attempting to defend the rights of others to disagree. That's all.

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:21, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • My dear man, who on earth or out of it is holding you accountable for anything? Do I give the impression of having a squad of Secret Animation Police (the dreaded Getripo*) ready at hand, to crush those who refuse to embrace Stuart Snyder? Because I don't, you know.

      I have made a point of emphasizing again and again that you are perfectly free to do whatever you wish with your own personal re-imagining of the game.  However, so is every other fan, and many of them will prefer to include the newer characters in their own FusionFall-based creations.  Please recognize the right of other people to disagree with you.


      • Geheime Trickfilmpolizei
        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:21, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed


    • “For the Snark was a Boojum, you see.”

        Loading editor
    • I'm fairly sure Adventure Time will end up in Cartoon Network's Hall of Fame. I think the best way to implement adding new characters that were sort of...there after an update in Fusionfall would be give them something to do. Have Finn be a Guide or maybe a trainee supervisor. Have Mordecai and Rigby dead as a motivation to stop Fuse's atrocities. Make the main cast of Steven Universe heroes on par with the Powerpuff Girls. These are a few examples. You don't have to put them in the general plot but acknowledge them and give them a role, not keep them fully out because the early 2000's cast is big in the main story. Of course, since the '99-'09 crew is vital to the actual game they will be the most prominent. And too much explaination on how they're there would probably be too much, this is pretty much the Cartoon Network equivalent to Marvel's Ultimates Universe.

      Still, no Uncle Grandpa. He seems omnipotent/omnipresent so the plot wouldn't make sense.

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:21, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • You seem to be a bit biased, no offense. How exactly does AT stomp over everything else? You need to better explain instead of just calling stuff out. Also, with Steven, I highly doubt a video game would have any affect on a show's production/lifespan. 

      When it comes down to it, you're kinda just saying "I don't like ___, so we're not using it."

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:20, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Whether an adaptation of FusionFall into dramatic form would include more or fewer characters depends largely on what dramatic form it would be adapted into.  A movie would be the better for limiting the number of characters it included; in fact, there were already too many characters, such as the Secret Saturdays, whose contribution to the plot was not well connected to it. One could make a strong argument for eliminating the "player character" entirely, and merely dividing its functions up among the CN stars, thus involving them more directly in the story.  After all, people do tune in to see Ben Tennyson; nobody watches "that kid from the Future"'s show.

      On the other hand, a series would be the better for a larger number and variety of characters.  It not only would give CN a chance to advertise its newer shows and viewers a chance to see their favorites, but it would avoid the feeling of sameness that sometimes afflicts series television in a long run.  FusionFall itself, like most crossovers, was largely inspired by these motives.

      I don't think one need boggle too much over explaining why Finn or Rigby, or even Hiccup if it were to come to that, are side by side with the Powerpuff Girls, Rex Salazar, and Johnny Test.  There is no real logic to Mojo Jojo being in the same world with Numbuh One, if one assumes that their different shows represent different dimensions or universes.  However, Cartoon Network has long maintained the idea (cribbed perhaps from Roger Rabbit, though it goes back to early Merrie Melodies cartoons), that the cartoon characters have a double existence, both as characters in their own worlds and as actors portraying those characters.  Velma is a mystery-solving teen in Coolsville; she is also an actress whom Dexter has a crush on.  It's just as easy to assume that Princess Buttercup has a palace in Ooo, and has a small townhouse in the Cartoon Network Universe from which she commutes to work every day, and which was damaged when Terrafusers rained down on it.

      Or what you will.  FusionFall is based on cartoon logic, after all, which is less rigorous than our logic.  Things don't need to fit together quite so tightly as in the real world.  If Uncle Grandpa is omnipotent on his own show, well, this isn't his own show; he can be whatever the writers want him to be.

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:20, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • I can see where you are going there and agree. Cartoons do not follow our logic at all. I just like the idea of Fusionfall being the Cartoon Network equivalent of Marvel's "Ultiimates" Universe as it's fun and there really hasn't been an explaination. There doesn't need to be an explaination: it's a cartoon. That part was really head canon. The actors thing is also a nice thing to think about. This isn't the topic at hand, may I kindly ask for this to not be discussed further?

      Uncle Grandpa could have semi-omnipotence. Like he displays what he does in the show but can't end the war easily. Uncle Grandpa's omnipresence could make a hilarious lighthearted scene that serves as a distraction for Fuse. I can think of it:

      Uncle Grandpa appears and says to Lord Fuse, "You've been bad!"

      Lord Fuse looks infuriated, "Who are you?"

      "I'm your Uncle Grandpa."

      "How can a human be my uncle or grandpa, much less my uncle and grandpa."

      The getting rid of the player character thing might work but I kind of like the idea of us following an "everyman", the person that can be us, interacting with these characters. Getting saved by them and saving them. Having some lighthearted (as this is a cartoon) exchanges. Fighting Fuse side-by-side with Ben Tennyson/Blossom/Finn/Chowder/Ed(d/dy)/Dexter/Rex.

      To be fair, I think a series would be the best option. You can follow Everyman some episodes. Follow the Eds and Chowder's(as he seems to be in the Cul-de-sac) ventures against Fuse. See Ben/Rex's encounters with monsters and interactions between the two(which has been done before). Dexter's work in his famous laboratory. Here's the best part about a series: a fluently paced orverlaying plot with converging storylines and a satisfying payoff an 1hr, 30min to 2hrs cannot properly accomplish.

      I am actually working on a basic summary of dramatic form of Fusionfall, where do I post it? It's not a full fan fiction, more like a wiki story overview.

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:20, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed

    • I am not quite sure, Eds+Godzilla, which topic you consider irrelevant to the question of a dramatization of FusionFall.  If you mean “characters as actors,” I mentioned that only to give an example of how characters from different “worlds” could logically coexist. If you mean “cartoon logic,” I mentioned that merely to refute the assertion that some CN characters, such as Finn, should not, based on the narratives of their shows, coexist with other CN characters, such as Johnny Bravo.  Both are germane to the issue of FusionFall’s dramatization because both affect the particular characters that would be included in it.  However, the points having been made, I will gladly agree to leave those particular sub-topics behind.

      I should clarify that I don’t think getting rid of the player character would be the best option in every kind of dramatic treatment of FusionFall.  I think it would be advisable in a film treatment, where dramatic concentration is necessary. On the other hand, I agree with you heartily that a series would be a better vehicle for FusionFall than a film* — and in that case, I think the player character is almost essential. Not only, as you very shrewdly point out, would he (or she) serve as an audience identification character, but also, he would serve as a narrative focus, the only really logical connecting link from episode to episode.  He would be the thread on which each episode was strung, the sun around which all the other characters would circle. Even if, from time to time, the narrative would diverge to follow some other character, it would eventually remerge with his point of view.  That is what would give unity to the narrative’s extreme diversity.

      I’m not sure where you should post your dramatic overview.  If it is all canonical, it obviously belongs here somewhere.  I think I would ask your nearest friendly administrator.  If it’s not strictly canonical, I would recommend posting over at FanonFall—probably under the “fanfiction” rubric.  I’m sure we’d love to see it over there, if you felt like sharing it with the fanfiction crowd.

      * ,,,though, for practical economic reasons, less likely.

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:20, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Fusionbioformer wrote:
      Oh really? Hows about its greedy demands for attention all the time by excessively airing and being a part of anything remotely related to CN? It's a glory Hog...

      That kind of thing is not in any way decided by the writers or others involved in the show, but those higher up in CN. It's constant inclusion isn't my cup of tea either, since it really can't be logically explained, but you can't blame the marketing of it on the show itself.

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:20, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Fusionbioformer wrote:
      Well, it has the appreciation it needs. No need for Finn and Jake to freeload on my work.

      I must say I would agree with the disclusion, mostly because Adventure Time in Fusionfall is nearly impossible to explain story-line wise.

        Loading editor
    • Again, it depends on the type of dramatization.  A movie needs a tighter dramatic structure and stronger story logic, so the fewer characters the better, especially if those characters raise awkward backstory questions.  In a series, however, the diversity added by additional characters generally outweighs the need for strict story logic, which viewers seldom enforce from episode to episode (except, of course, in a mini-series), particularly in cartoons.  After all, as I noted before, there is not much more logical difficulty in Finn showing up alongside the Powerpuff Girls than there is for Ben Tennyson.

      One cannot exactly consider the Cartoon Network Universe as a whole as identical with the universe of any one show, and therefore one cannot reasonably expect a show set in that universe to correspond to the narrative of any one of them -- particularly when many of those shows themselves had rather fluid continuity.  (Did Mandark have a "brother" named "Computress," or a sister named "Lalavava?")

      Of course, much will also depend on the tone of the dramatic presentation.  The game, as a "kid-friendly" MMORPG, was fairly light-hearted, and to insist on strict narrative logic would be merely pedantic.  However, many fans like to stir in a great deal more blood-'n'-thunder than was warranted by the game;  any dramatization made on that grim pattern would naturally take a more serious tone, and would require stricter story logic, and probably fewer crossover characters. 

      Basically, you pays yer money and you takes yer choice.  If I were suddenly snatched up and set behind an executive chair at CN, I think I would recommend a movie with fewer characters, at least at first; even some definitely canonical characters would be cut, and, as I said previously, I would suggest that the writers (most of whom, no doubt, I would hire off this forum) leave out the player character.  But I'd add 'em all back in for the series based on our highly successful film.

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:19, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Just throwing an idea out that a movie could work as a prequel(possibly taking place after the comic/manga) with a series tackling the game's plot throughout.

      Also, for the overview thing. Well, it chronicles the events before the apocalyptic Future that lead up to that event.  It also mentions how Edd dies. The opening has the main character supervising cadets in the Null Void training facility. There is a weapon meant to kill Lord Fuse once and for all. These bits can be considered fanon.

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:19, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Fusionbioformer wrote:
      So you suggest I should make Finn an antagonist instead of excluding him? The point's not to get people talking about Post-Snyder Shows. I gotta keep the focus on the real beauties, not the cheap rings.


      Also, AT and RS sound more like drug experiences than shows. Gumball is nonsensical altogether, they don't own Mad, this is the most Attention Ben's ever gettign (PERIOD.), and Steven Universe is too decent a show to rely on this.


      Plus, Titan and TOM come into the timeline later on.

      N-O No on the evil Finn, at least Snyder did something by getting these shows (AT, RS, AWOG, SU), the rest are just crap

      Also on your statment on Snyder's resignation, how do we even know if thats true? Cause if it was, we'd probably get some changes by now.

      Update on Earth One: I came up with an origin story for my Fusionfall avatar, who has become a vigilante in my universe, its crazy weird, but cool. I'll show it to you guys later.

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:19, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • So, if FusionFall were to be made into a series, what sort of art-style would people like to see it done in?  I suppose it would most likely be that sort of quasi-anime style that Man of Action uses, but I would almost prefer to see something even a little more stylized, à la Clone Wars. It might be fun if the animators developed something unique, so that we could see people on DeviantArt and other places saying, "Yeah, this is Elsa from Frozen [or some other wildly inappropriate character] done in FusionFall style." (I have seen Bertie Wooster and Jeeves slash done manga-style; once you've seen that, you've seen everything.)


      Also, Happy Easter, everyone!

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:18, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Hmmm... well, I have never watched the show, but the images of it on the web don't particularly appeal to me.  It seems much more angular than the B10:O style (not that I am all that fond of that), and I am one of those who believe that "all beauty springs from the long curve."  I am perhaps prejudiced, though, from learning that Titmouse is the same studio that produced the execrable Venture Brothers.

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:18, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Pardon me, but "angular" is the word I chose and the word I meant.  Neither realism nor "pseudo-realism" have anything to do with the matter, since neither style looks much like reality, but are both strongly stylized ("cartoony"). You may feel that the sharp angles and squared off lines of the character designs impart dynamism; I do not.  Frankly, it reminds me of the Strong Bad short, "Xeriously Forxe," or of the tawdry comics of the 1990s, with their frenetic line-work suggesting factitious excitement, so mannered and by now so démodé as to be positively silly.

      However, as I meant to suggest, that is purely a matter of personal preference. I like rounded rather than straight lines in my art; I don't begin to suggest that anyone else should. Let me again invoke De gustibus.

      As for re-using previously created art, I think that has to be judged on a case-by-case basis.  I have never minded Maid Marian's copying Snow White or Mowgli's copying Wart as long as it was effective in context, any more than I mind Raphael imitating Perugino or Mozart quoting "Non più andrai" in Don Giovanni. Of course, when the Groovie Goolies show up in Filmation's Ghostbusters in the completely contrasting style of fifteen years earlier, one is completely jarred out of the story and, yes, the effectiveness (such as it was) of the work is sensibly diminshed. It's like watching Drak Pack showing up in Underworld.

      Anyway, I never meant an encomium of "Man of Action"; personally, I find Ben 10 rather dull and uninventive, visually.  I thought the MOA style a likely one, not necessarily a desirable one, largely because I understood the original designers of FusionFall to have adopted an animesque style as a compromise among the various conflicting styles of the Cartoon Network shows.   As I said, I would have my notional FusionFall series forge its own style — or, to expand upon the idea somewhat, I would have the movie that would launch the series forge its own style, to which the series would recur after various episodes made in the various styles of different Cartoon Network shows.  That would be the gimmick: to see the Powerpuff Girls depicted in the style of Samurai Jack, or vice versa, or even to see the Powerpuff Girls done in the style of Steven Universe — just as the gimmick of the original FusionFall was to have the Powerpuff Girls fighting alongside Dexter and Ben Tennyson.  Maybe CN could even give each production company they have on their roster now a chance to make an episode. I think that would be fun for the animators and fun for the audience alike.

        Loading editor
    • Metashadow555 wrote:
      You seem to be a bit biased, no offense. How exactly does AT stomp over everything else? You need to better explain instead of just calling stuff out. Also, with Steven, I highly doubt a video game would have any affect on a show's production/lifespan. 

      When it comes down to it, you're kinda just saying "I don't like ___, so we're not using it."

      MetaShadow? Long time no see!

      My Cartoon Network Universe Counterpart Origin Story is OUT!

      http://fusionstorys.wikia.com/wiki/Earth_One_Orgins:_Krishna

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:18, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:18, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • I'd go with anime style,do it like Halo Legends, focus on a different person each episode!

        Loading editor
    • Tailsman67 wrote:
      I'd go with anime style,do it like Halo Legends, focus on a different person each episode!

      When you say, "focus on a different person," do you mean a different CN character? Or on a new different person each episode? Or on different members of a core original "team?"

      Of course, FusionFall was done in a basically animesque style. Were you suggesting that it adopt the specific style of Halo Legends? I've never seen it, but, judging by the clip on YouTube I watched, I think I prefer the style of the FusionFall trailers, myself.  It seems to me to strike a nice balance between goofy and genuinely scary.

        Loading editor
    • My series format for season one (NOTE: This gets a little dark):

      Episode 1 - As an alien planet (dubbed Fuse) descends onto Earth with intent to swallow it, Dexter and Professor Utonium must gather anyone they can to join the resistance. Flashbacks show the loss of Buttercup during a battle with Mojo Jojo, the discovery and attempted conquering of the planet by Mojo, and the discovery of the planet by Dexter and Mandark. In a subplot, the Eds cannot find Ed. When they see monsters around them, they construct a cardboard fortress around the Cul-De-Sac.

      Episode 2 - Dexter decides to choose a resistance member to go into the past and prevent the planet from coming to Earth. When Dee-Dee messes up the experiment thereby sending the subject, a kid from Dexter's neighborhood, into the future, dark secrets will be revealed about what Fuse is capable of. Flashbacks show the temporary return of Numbuh One from space and the further involvement of the Kids Next Door and Plumbers.

      Episode 3 - As Tech Square falls following the defeat of Fusion Buttercup, Dexter is lost among the wreckage. The hero goes to the KND treehouse, where he/she helps keep it afloat as Fusions attack the machine supporting it. He/she also helps Numbuh Two contact Three and Four at the KND Jungle Outpost, as their communication was jammed weeks ago. Fusion Numbuh Two is defeated. Flashbacks show the downfall of Foster's and the KND Jungle Outpost.

      Episode 4 - Mandark decides to help the hero so that he can win Dee-Dee's affection. He instructs the hero to go into the junkyard to collect the head of the former time-traveler Larry 3000, as it has the correct technology with which Mandark can build a time machine. The KND provides sanctuary to everyone in Sector V to protect them from the invasion. Flashbacks show the fall of the Time Squad and the trapping of Megas (with eventual loss of Coop and friends).

      Episode 5 - Mandark installs Larry 3000's head's parts into his time machine, which enables it. The KND sends the hero to the future with their technology to help the past KND to develop effective weapons. Wormholes open up all around the past to inform Dexter and friends of the impending invasion. Dexter decides the next course of action should be to develop a training center for the citizens available to fight.

      Episode 6 - Skips ahead to 6 years in the future. Dexter, the PPG, etc. are now 15-21. The hero is 15, and is appointed as the head of the Academy. The Academy is a DexLabs creation with multiple shielded areas dubbed Infected Zones meant for training. Ben (I'm excluding the other three because I have not been able to introduce them at this point ) has been appointed as the trainer for the students. The four main characters (who are best friends) of Season Two are shown throughout this episode, which ends with their graduation. Three of them choose either Edd, Ben, or Dexter as their mentors. One of them, the villain and future traitor (There's gotta be one in an apocalypse!) of the series, chooses Mojo Jojo in a secret agreement but decides to work for . The season ends as they part ways. Planet Fuse gives off a glow.

      Alright, so, Episode Six is a little improvised, but I think that could be a solid Season One for the most part. Any thoughts or suggestions?

        Loading editor
    • Sidenote: The Academy is a sanctuary for anyone who is too weak to fight.

        Loading editor
    • Hmmm... some random thoughts...

      I think Episode 6 offends severely against the Unity of Time.  A movie is one thing, but for a series all of a sudden to jump six years into the future is perhaps too confusing for an audience. 

      What would be the target age of your audience?  What demographic would this show appeal to?  I mean, let's face it, how "dark" should a show that features fuzzy pink monsters, talking dogs, villainous file cabinets, and sentient eggplants be?

      Would you restrict your characters to classic CN characters (plus original "kid" characters), or would you include newer shows such as Clarence and Steven Universe?  How firmly connected to CN would the show be?

        Loading editor
    • lol Yeah, I totally agree on the time thing.

      The demographic would be anyone, so the dark moments wouldn't be so dark that kids can't watch it, but it would appeal to older viewers. In FF, there was some definite dark undertone. Actually, a lot of it was there for a kid's game.

      I am trying to put all CN in there. So, like, even if they're in a cameo, they're still there. I'm gonna be writing a screenplay for it soon enough.

        Loading editor
    • "All CN," in this case, I take it, refers to all the animated shows actually produced by Cartoon Network Studios--or would you include the Teletoons and Warner Brothers Animation stuff?  I know Johnny Test showed up, but would we be seeing Chris McLean and Corey Riffin? Daffy Duck and Scooby-Doo?

      Now, c'mon -- the target demographic can't be "anyone."  Anyone could watch, say, The Teletubbies, but that doesn't mean that the target demographic of the show is thirty-something males.  (At least, one hopes not.)  I know even Scooby-Doo had its darker moments, but I'd rather not try to sell CN on anything much darker than, say, original Jonny Quest.

        Loading editor
    • By "CN only" I meant CN originals, so no Hanna-Barbara, Warner Brothers, Dreamworks, or Teletoon.

      The demographic is anyone as in anyone could sit down and watch it. Target audience, however, is (and this may be hard to accomplish) 7-24 (or however old the oldest fan of classic CN is).

        Loading editor
    • Tannhaeuser wrote:

      Tailsman67 wrote:
      I'd go with anime style,do it like Halo Legends, focus on a different person each episode!

      When you say, "focus on a different person," do you mean a different CN character? Or on a new different person each episode? Or on different members of a core original "team?"

      Of course, FusionFall was done in a basically animesque style. Were you suggesting that it adopt the specific style of Halo Legends? I've never seen it, but, judging by the clip on YouTube I watched, I think I prefer the style of the FusionFall trailers, myself.  It seems to me to strike a nice balance between goofy and genuinely scary.

      lol,when I said Halo legends, I mean a collection of shorts that focus on different characters each short. But hellz yeah I want it anime-ish

        Loading editor
    • I do kind of wish that Cartoon Network would do for FusionFall an event like its "CN Invaded" event of May 2007, in which all the various shows would present a FusionFall episode.  Unfortunately, the kind of shows that CN is running now would not, for the most part, mix very well with the classic game.  Still, it would be interesting to see, especially if CN took the opportunity to make crossovers, of the "Grim Adventures of the KND" sort.

        Loading editor
    • Well... I dropped the idea of a mortally wounded Jack at the hands of Finn...

      I'm sorry... I'm merely giving status updates like Bioformer.

        Loading editor
    • Thanks for the update, and also for reminding me of this very interesting thread.

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:18, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Guys, can we just look back at what we've done here? As fans of television shows from our collective childhoods, we have:

      • Played and loved a game based aorund what we grew up with
      • Made just enough buzz to persuade CN to remake FusionFall in a slightly different way
      • Persuade CN to reboot two shows from our childhood (G.K.N.D. is a sequel, but...) in return for our begging for a FF return
      • Get 4,500+/5,000 supporters on a petition to bring back the game
      • Constructed multiple recreations and continuations of the original game, if we are talented enough

      We've done pretty damn well, in my opinion!

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:18, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Fusionbioformer wrote:
      Well, not only that if you think about it. In the long run:

      -Stuart Snyder's no longer running CN anymore.

      -Live Action is gone from the lineup, including the Hall of Game Awards.

      -Heh, Toonami's back, and it gets an old show back on the lineup every once in a while.

      -A few (nearly) unanimously unpopular shows, like Ben 10 and Johnny Test, are long gone.

      -The Prime Time lineup is no longer solely focused on comedy or being funny.

      -There are a lot more original shows than a few years ago, especially since CN is starting to make a bunch more of original shows again. I really love seeing that variety again.

      -No more merchandise-themed shows.You could argue Transformers, but CN productions now rely more on ratings than toys.

      -I understand people think Teen Titans Go is blasphemy to the original series, but it proves they can still make a light-hearted DC show without dumbing it down.


      So do  you think Ben 10 and Johnny Test is crappy but  like TTGo? You probably loves Adventure Time and Steven Universe, am i correct?

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, the only CN-owned shows that are bad are Johnny Test and Uncle Grandpa. Everything else is fine, if not decent.

        Loading editor
    • De gustibus non disputandum est; there is no arguing over tastes.

        Loading editor
    • PtBVIQfhNk
      PtBVIQfhNk removed this reply because:
      Dumb, younger self
      02:18, July 9, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • yeah um when it comes to animation might i suggest cgi after all the commercials for the series were awesome so why not besides costs and man power the job shouldn't be that big for the animators if they could do it for a commercial they can do it for a series right?    

        Loading editor
    • I LOVED FusionFall. In fact, this game's the reason I chose the the name "Fusionx963".

        Loading editor
    • The Fusionfallers's wishes Is almost come true! Check it out! http://fanonfall.wikia.com/FusionFall:_The_Animated_Series

        Loading editor
    • an anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.