FusionFall Retro (abbreviated as Retro or FFR) is an unofficial revival of the Cartoon Network MMO FusionFall, crafted over the span of a year by a team of devoted fans. FusionFall Retro is under the FusionFall Universe banner, which also contains FusionFall Legacy.
There was originally planned to be a three-day closed beta, tested by forum users who got randomly chosen to receive the special key. With the need to overhaul the game client, delaying Retro by several months, the team opted to initially publish the first four levels of the Future . However, it did not contain trading, groups, buddies, or races at the time.
A demo of the game that included the Tutorial was released in the days following August 1, 2017, after database issues hampered the originally intended date.
On August 5, 2018 the Future (Sneak Peek) Area was released, along with Missions, Nanos, online play and chat.
On September 27, 2018 the Past Area was released, making the entire original game playable.
Differences from FusionFall
As FusionFall Retro uses the January 2010 client (Before Birthday Bash), none of the missions, NPCs, or other content added after then will be available. These are a few of the distinctions from the final update of the original:
- The Future is used as the beginning area instead of The Academy.
- Level 1 monsters drop C.R.A.T.E.S. containing attire from Character Creation as well as unused outfits.
- Only the original 36 Nanos are available.
- FusionFall Adventures are not present.
- No FreshTV shows appear, at the company's legal request.
- As stated before, FusionFall Retro is not browser-based. Instead, it shares a client-based downloadable launcher with FusionFall Legacy.
Additionally, any page marked with or in this category will not be available.