|“||Hi, I'm Computress, Dexter's chief assistant. I am a mobile model of Dexter's original computer and will assist as your guide when you start playing FusionFall.||”|
–FusionFall Quick Start Guide
Computress is Dexter's personal computer that oversees the running of the lab and has a personality of its own. While she does her best to give Dexter advice when he is about to make a bad choice, he usually ignores her, leading to disastrous results. Dexter sometimes refers to her as "my love" or "my dear." Computress was once "Computer," from Dexter's old lab, but her personality and all of her data was transported into a mobile body, essentially moving Computer herself.
In FusionFall, Dexter has upgraded Computress with hovering and mobile technology. She serves as both his personal assistant and the forewoman behind production at Dexlabs. Computress is both respected and admired by both the Dexbots and even the cynical Mandroids. However, as seen in the manga, Computress's computerized heart belongs to only one man, Professor Utonium.
In the Future, Computress served as the only guide, determined to help the player return to the Past by sending him/her to recover various items to rebuild the time machine. She helped the player understand the basics of battle (as well as the mechanics of the game).
In the Past, Computress handles the missions in the Mt. Neverest tutorial area which introduces the player to the four Guides he/she can select. After that, she can be found beside Dexter in front of the Dexlabs building in Tech Square. She mainly requires the player to help with the problems in Tech Square. She also helps resolve the issue of the quarrel between Mojo Jojo and Mandark by finding and sending the player into the Secret Lair of Fusion Max who had been the real culprit all along.
- She was originally the only non-generic, non-organic NPC in FusionFall that wasn't a standard Dexbot or Mandroid until the inclusions of TOM and Swayzak.
- The name "Computress" comes from the fan-written episode, "Dexter and Computress Get Mandark!" in which Computress is described as Mandark's "brother," who partners with Dexter to get revenge on Mandark.
- Computress is one of the only two NPCs to not have a returning voice actor, the other being Aku
- Computress is the only NPC to have a design radically different than her show appearance, as in "Dexter and Computress Get Mandark!" Computress is depicted as a monitor on a wheeled stick-like body, similar to Karen from the Nickelodeon series, Spongebob Squarepants. The two of them have a mobile and "desktop" form.
- In the show her name was, instead, "Computer."
- In the Worlds Collide manga, Computress is shown to have eyes that can produce holographic projections.